Australians pay significant out of pocket expenses for health services and access to dental care.
- Reason supports including preventative dental health in Medicare.
- Reason supports greater investment in primary and preventative health care.
- Reason believes that gender affirming healthcare is provided and is accessible in the public health system throughout Australia.
- Reason supports a reduction in pharmacy dispensing fees and out of pocket expenses for specialists for people on low incomes.
- Reason calls for greater provision for and access to bulk billing services, particularly in low socioeconomic circumstances.
- Reason supports expansion of support for counselling and psychology under Medicare to deliver greater and more timely access, including evidence-based approaches to increasing the supply of social workers, counsellors, and psychologists.
- Reason supports the establishment of dedicated clinics to prevent and reduce the incidence of diabetes, heart diseases, osteoporosis, and endometriosis.
- Reason supports a move toward a social practices approach to health promotion to better address the social determinants of health and improve health equity.