Australia’s world-renowned arts industry is grossly under-valued and under-supported and continues to be ignored during COVID despite the economic benefits that it brings to the Australian cultural landscape.
- Reason calls for a redistribution of 1% from major arts institutions to small and medium institutions.
- Reason supports creating a national arts week.
- Reason supports increasing government investment in independent artists, independent arts organisations and collectives, and small-to-medium arts organisations across all artistic disciplines.
- Reason calls for more opportunities for funding to support development in the arts in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, deaf and disabled, multicultural and people from refugee backgrounds, and LGBTIQA+ artists, collectives, communities, and organisations.
- Reason supports funding regional events and local tourism campaigns, targeted at regions recently affected by bushfire, flooding and drought.