We need to end the war on drugs.
Drug use is treated as a criminal offence rather than a health issue, leading to worse outcomes for individuals and the community as a whole.
- Reason supports law reform to allow front-of-house drug checking (‘pill testing’) facilities in areas of need including music festivals and other events
- Legalise electronic vaporisers and liquid nicotine as recognised treatments for smoking
- Reason supports the decriminalisation of the use and possession of all drugs, harm-reduction, and improved access to healthcare - especially early intervention.
- Reason calls for the creation of a regulated legal market for adult use of cannabis.
- Reason supports increasing the number of opiate treatment program (OTP) prescribers, and subsidise dispensing fees for OPT medicines.
- Reason calls for more Overdose Prevention Centres (medically supervised injecting centres)
- Reason supports trials for the safe supply of hydromorphone as part of the opiate treatment program.
- Reason calls for reform for electronic vaporiser and liquid nicotine access schemes to reduce complexity for prescribers and individuals, and protecting children.
- Reason calls for the implementation of multiple fixed-site pill testing and safe injecting health services.