Ensuring rights and respect at every age.
Ending elder abuse and preventing ageism.
- Reason supports the Aged Care Diversity Framework 2017, and action plans to ensure equity in care for older Australians.
- Reason supports increased funding for, and access to services for people experiencing elder abuse.
- Reason supports the development of primary prevention programs that foster intergenerational social connection and education to prevent ageism and elder abuse, with a particular focus on diverse communities.
- Reason supports the implementation of all recommendations from the Royal Commission into Aged Care, in particular reforms to ensure the private system prioritises care above profits.
- Rewrite the Aged care ACT 1997 to ensure the highest possible standards of care in all aged care homes.