Supporting working parents and their children contributes to individual and societal wellbeing and circular sustainable economics.
Childcare is expensive and is a barrier to parents, traditionally women, returning to work.
Reason supports free childcare:
- free childcare boosts the economy by up to 50 million
- free childcare boosts women’s participation in the workforce.
- Reason supports free early childhood education
- Reason supports free early childhood education, and that this needs to be culturally appropriate, and meet diverse needs.
- Reason supports the extension of early childhood education to cover two years in line with other OECD countries.