You’ve landed on our page, so there’s a Reasonable chance you want politics done differently in Australia. Good call.
Politics isn’t for everyone. We get that. But the decisions made and policies formed at each level of government in Australia affect the way we all go about our daily lives. So it makes sense we all take a little bit of an interest.
Reason is a political party that has proven that there is a better, more productive way to engage the public in our national political discourse.
Our attitude to public policy is loosely based around two basic principles - evidence and compassion. And we’ll work with all parties across the political spectrum, big or small, major or minor, to get things done.
Not often you hear that sort of talk from a bunch of political types, is it?
We are a collaborative party that likes to think we offer a voice for all. We put candidates forward for office at a local, state and federal level.
There are a plethora of issues that Reason deals with, and we encourage all our members to bring forward policy ideas that resonate with their community.
Here’s a little taste of what Reason stands for:
- The decriminalisation of all drugs and the legalisation of Cannabis.
- Getting Religion out of Politics
- Equality and Freedom for All
- Urgent Action on Climate Change
- Reconciliation Now with Indigenous Australia
- Equal Rights for Women and LGBTIQ Australians
- A Fairer Justice System & Prisoner Rights
- Education reform including comprehensive Sex Education in all Australian Schools
- A Compassionate Immigration System
- Red Tape Reduction for Small Business
Sound Reasonable to you? Why not join us.